Despite being busy, patients are advised to perform proper oral hygiene practices without fail. Tiredness or sleepiness should not stop anyone from brushing their teeth before bed. Do know that if the harmful substances that have accumulated in the mouth during the day are left uneliminated, they could attack the teeth. Aside from this, patients are highly encouraged to never skip a routine dental visit so that the dentist can monitor the state of their oral health. If anything irregular is spotted, appropriate treatments will be provided.
How about moving to a new place? Is it a valid reason to skip a dental visit? Absolutely not! Aside from securing one’s new residence, the nearest dental practice should also be checked. New to Murfreesboro, TN area? We at Salem Creek Family Dental will be more than happy to assist with any of your dental care needs. To get started, let us help make your first visit a success! Take note of these tips.
There is no such thing as ‘too old’ when it comes to oral health care. Adults are required to schedule routine visits every six months to keep the teeth, oral structures, and even prostheses in shape.
What to bring?
- Updated medical history
- List of taken medications whether regularly or occasionally
- Record of physical examination
- Information of doctors and family members responsible for healthcare (names and phone numbers)
All these pieces of information are sure to give the dentist a clearer view regarding a patient’s condition. If there are any necessary procedures, the best course of actions can be taken as well.
Dental associations like the American Dental Association and the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry encourage parents to bring their children as soon as a tooth erupts, usually on the sixth month, and no later than their first year.
What to expect?
- A thorough yet gentle examination of the gums, bite, jaw, teeth, and oral tissues. Doing so allows the dentist to check the state of their development, growth, and even monitor vulnerable areas.
- If deemed necessary, the dentist may perform professional teeth cleaning.
- Dental x-rays are laid-out to have a view on the areas that are not spotted by the naked eye.
- Proper dental hygiene techniques will be taught.
- Preventive treatments like filling, sealants, and fluoride applications may be recommended.
We hope that everything listed above could help those who are planning to schedule their first visit with us, as well as their child, to go as smoothly as possible.
In need of a new dental practice? We at Salem Creek Family Dental got your back! We cater to First Dental Visits in Murfreesboro, TN! Check our website or visit us at 2658 New Salem Hwy., #A5, Murfreesboro, TN 37128 to get started.